Firefox 2

Thursday, February 23, 2006

I used to be an avid reader of books..infact at one point of time it almost became like a disease as however tired I was, I would come home and make it a point to read a book atleast for about half an hour to forty five minutes and then go to sleep..

Some of the books that I read with great vigor recently would include, Kalki's "Ponniyin Selvan", which is according to me on of the greatest epics I have read after probably Rajaji's "Ramayan" or R.K.Narayan's "Mahabharatha". The way the story has been woven, the characters have been chosen, the intricate details are simply stupendous and there is no way a reader would want to keep down the book because, there are many authors that have written great books but this book of Kalki will go down in time as one of the greatest epics..well I read the english translation as my tamil is not all that strong..though whoever I recommend this book, I ask them if they know tamil and if they do, I ask them to read the tamil version as its the original..whatever said and done.. anything original is best enjoyed in that form..In terms of keeping the reading audience spell bound, Kalki did a Dan Brown long back..and I mean very long ago..about 30 years back..

Currently Iam reading "Malgudi Landscapes", a collection of all the stories of R.K.Narayan and it is with out a doubt one of the books that I will always be proud to own. I literally felt Iam being transported into the imaginary town of Malgudi..more updates on how the reading session went..when I get a chance to finish it :-)

Till then..

Adios
~N~

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chandni
Thanks for dropping by and leaving a note..Iam linking you from my blog.. and sure I would like to know more about this current book you are reading..will definitely let you know my thoughts..
Cheers
~N~

12:08 PM  
Blogger a.g said...

hi naarayan,
if you like r.k.narayan, try gabriel garcía márquez. of course i recommend 'One hundred years of solitude' or ' Love in the time of cholera'.
hope you like them.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home