Firefox 2

Monday, February 27, 2006

I had jokingly told my wife on a weekday in the middle of the never ending confusion at work that I would cook over the weekend.. I never expected her to take me so seriously and she promptly reminded me on Saturday that it was my turn to take over the kitchen on Sunday morning.. I readily accepted the challenge.. laughing inside that she did not know what she was going to eat :-) I finally decided that I will prepare vegetable pulao..

I got up tired and weary after watching TV late on Saturday night..and suddenly realised that I did not have the recipe for it..I then hurriedly logged onto the internet and asked my trustworthy online buddy google for some results and lo! there it was..I hurriedly wrote down the recipe and went about preparing the dish..finally after two hours of "reasonable" turmoil and sweat in the kitchen, I completed my first ever dish..and yes, it did not taste bad at all.. well am not saying it because I did it but it was WCVP - Wife Certified Vegetable Pulao :-)..

We finally sat down and had the meal together..and it finally felt good..from being branded as a person who would never step foot into the kitchen to preparing vegetable pulao..well..I have finally arrived :-)

Cheers
~N~

3 Comments:

Blogger Naarayan said...

Thanks wifey.weekdays is tough :-) weekends surely atleast on sundays..well regarding wats cookin this weekend..suspense ;-)

Cheers
Naarayan

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you ship some to the US?

12:03 AM  
Blogger Naarayan said...

Sure snowflake, but why dont you make a trip here and have some with us..:)

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home