Firefox 2

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

In Yankee Land

Hey All..am back and its been quite a while since I actually did some blogging at all..well it has been quite a few hectic 3 months for me now..Iam currently in "Yankee" land as everybody says..yes am in the US on a long term project assignment..It was a lot of firsts for me I should say

First time to the US, first time on an international flight that lasted almost a day and a half, first time where I was a passenger at the airport and somebody came to say bye to me :-)..

Its been a month since I have landed here and Iam kind of enjoying this place..US is a free country..you can do what you want..but as many percieve, it has its own set of restrictions as well..as long as you play by the rules..it is a good place to be in.. nobody bothers about the kind of person you are..

My first experience of visting a huge shopping mall like Wal-mart was fab..its like an entire world in itself..there is not a single thing you wont get there..you would feel like buying everything there..one thing is..if you dont have a big wallet then dont dare to burn a hole in it..something that we got to remember always when going shopping..

Food is plentiful..there are loads of varieties..though I definitely miss the awesome food my mom cooks..I miss eating the puliyodharai, the avial, the payasam..and on and on and on..

Last but not the least, I have been renting cars as buying one immediately is not very easy here..and I got to drive a variety of them as well..from a chrysler PT cruiser to a Mercury Mountaineer SUV..SUV's have always made me crazy and driving this baby was an awesome experience..just hope I can test drive my favorite, the dodge viper some day :-)

Thats all for now folks..but I will keep posting some new adventures from Yankee land henceforth..probably the next one can be about some of the television programs here? :-)

Keep checking back in..

Till then..take care and be good..

Cheers
Naaryan

4 Comments:

Blogger Nive said...

Hey Naarayan,
It's good to see that you are enjoying yourself here.
I cannot wait to see you guys soon!
See you in three weeks!
Love Nive.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Naarayan said...

thanks Nive..looking forward to seeing you guys as well..take care

Cheers
Naarayan

9:33 AM  
Blogger Ashwin said...

maanga...when has office work been so exciting...its personal office work...khee..khee...khee

8:45 PM  
Blogger Naarayan said...

dei whatever u want to call it..neeyum athaan panraya? anyways have u linked me to your blog or not..ass*(&^% ..return the favor :-)

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home