Firefox 2

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Our new house

Hey All..it has been a desire of both my wife and myself to have a small house with a huge garden..lots of trees..and most of all..peaceful surroundings with no interference of traffic, pollution and people..something that we city animals have got so used to and long to go away..

We finally bought a new house in a small village called Alavandhipuram near Swamimalai..Kumbakonam has always been one of my favorite destinations down south..not only because am a temple freak, not also because of the lovely taste of the juicy betel leaves for which its famous for, also not for the lovely breakfast that you get at Venkatramana's or Mami's mess, not only for the lovely rava dosai and godhumai alwa you get at Aaduthurai..but the place just makes you feel different..fresh..energetic..even if its a two day trip to Kumbakonam, I look forward to it cause its a super break from the madding crowd..

The house is more than 80 years old..with the traditional "mitham"..a traditional well with a tulasi madam behind the house..the most exciting place is a small wicket gate which when opened leads to a huge garden in the backyard of the house..it is so green..the air is so fresh that you would want to quit your job and stay back there forever (not that I can do that right now..unfortunately) :-(

I dont know when I will settle down there but both my wife and myself are confident and sure that we would like to do that someday..

More interesting stuff in my next blog..

Cheers
Naarayan

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,
Whats a traditional 'Mitham'?

3:17 AM  
Blogger Naarayan said...

Hi Nic

Iam very surprised that a part of your name spells like a word in our language - "Tamil" which is spoken in Tamilnadu, the southern part of India..

Mitham in our language means courtyard..

Howz it goin for you?

Cheers
Naarayan

10:35 PM  
Blogger a.g said...

why don't you post some pics?

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home