Firefox 2

Sunday, March 19, 2006

This weekend was good..it was oscar weekend.. managed to finally watch the two movies (actually 2 out of the 3) I had borrowed from my colleague and friend Leena..I watched "The Accused" and "Rain man". The Accused was good..starring one of my favourite onscreen hotties Kelly Mcgillis (she joined my "favorite hotties" list after Top gun)..and Jodie Foster in a stunning potrayal as a young carefree teenager who is gang raped in a bar.. and who wants to desperately put not only the guys who raped her but also the ones who cheered and clapped behind bars.. I then watched Rain man..after a long time..this is one classic I would love to watch over and over for one man.. Dustin Hoffman.. well in the movie hes termed as autistic..the english dictionary defines a person affected by autism as

"A psychiatric disorder of childhood characterized by marked deficits in communication and social interaction, preoccupation with fantasy, language impairment, and abnormal behavior, such as repetitive acts and excessive attachment to certain objects."

But I would say he does not seem like a person who has a disorder, you cannot call a guy "autistic" when he can count the toothpicks falling out of a box in a matter of seconds :-) 246 is the number he says as soon as it falls.. but what is nice to watch is the relationship that slowly changes from hate, gradually to love and caring to a brotherly bonding (they both are brothers) that develops between Hoffman and Tom Cruise. Cruise as an aggressive car dealer who is on the verge of loosing his business and whos initial intention of taking care of Hoffman is to get his share of the property that his father has not bequeathed a pie of has done a great job as well..hes probably a bit loud in a few scenes where he wants to show his frustration because of Hoffman's behaviour..

I have one more movie to watch, "Serpico" which I will watch during the course of this week..it features another one of my all time favourites, Al Pacino..will write more on that in my next..

Till then adios and have a great week ahead..

Cheers
~N~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home